Thursday, June 24, 2010

Perth Day 2

Today,we had to wake up pretty early and I didn't exactly had a good night's sleep last night.I had a pretty hard time waking up.For our breakfast we had scrambled eggs,fish fingers,hash browns and baked beans.That breakfast really perked me up.

After our delicious breakfast we were going to play a game.We needed to split into two groups.Our group leader was Anwar(white cap)while the opponents group leader was Dylan Wong(white cap).I think our group called ourselves Agua or something(in honour of Anwar of course).Our first contest was to connect(I think) balloons more than the height of a chair and to make them stand up by themselves.I think we won that contest as we were the first to stand the balloons up and make 'it' stand by itself.Then,we had to find 10 different kinds of leaves and 5 different fruits.the next activity,involved teamwork,a lot of it.We had to go around the dining room collecting 5 different kind of sauces.Doesn't sound very hard right? the hard part was that we had to hold a ring of toilet paper around the whole group without tearing the toilet paper.If we tore it,we had to restart the activity.I was at the back with Merrilynn and Celine(I think).We kept asking the people at the front to slow down as they were walking too fast and the toilet paper was already starting to tear.We managed to finish the activity without having to restart it.I was relieved that we did not need to restart.After that we needed to build a nest to prevent an egg from breaking.Our group used leaves,sand,moss and other stuff to build it and we surrounded the 'nest' with pebbles.That activity was quite easy as we accomplished it with only a couple of minutes.Next.they gave a piece of paper and we had to find 15 pictures out of about 18 pictures in order.We were already kind of tired so we walked while the other team mostly ran.We HAD the head start but now the other team(I think they named themselves Shabalaba Ding Dong)had it now.I wasn't surprised when we came in second(last)and the other team won.Although we came in second,we still received a prize and it turned out the prizes were the same.

Then,it was lunch-time.The teachers helped us barbecue some meat and sausages to go with hot dog buns.There was chicken wings and some vegetables too.

After lunch,we were going to see a sheep-shearing demo.We met the man who was going to do that outside the main building.He was with a few puppies and their mother dog which was the sheep dog.When I saw how the sheep was sheared,I got a little scared.I even learnt stuff about sheep-shearing like-sheep shearing is done once a year,the shearing won't hurt the sheep at all,sheep skin will be used to make carpets,coats etc.Then,we headed to the winery to see how wine was made.There was lots of machines needed to make wine.The wine was made from grapes.
Next,to the dining room to eat dinner.There was spaghetti,vegetarian noodles and salad.That was our last dinner at the farm.After dinner we had a campfire and ate marshmallows.I ate about four.The marshmallows were really tasty.It was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.I even got to see moon-rise.It was a pretty beautiful sight.We got to sing a few songs.Although I didn't exactly like singing and my singing was pretty horrible and sang,but rather softly.After the campfire,we went back to the chalet to bathe and do our reflections and pack our luggage as we were leaving early tommorow.We had to sleep around 10p.m.It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment